In this blog post you’re NOT going to learn how to make homemade butter from scratch! Instead, you’re gonna take your already made butter (store-bought) and learn how to infuse it with ANY flavourings of your choice🤓
The flavouring of My choice here is shrimps / prawns, i.e. we are making shrimp butter.
After reading this blog post, you’re going to learn 1 of the 3 ways to make flavoured butter.
In case you want to learn the other 2 methods, check out these posts:
You can watch the full video of me making Shrimp Infused Butter here
Step 1 - Infuse butter with shrimps
- 200g Shrimps / prawns
- 250g Butter
Ingredients, you’ll need
- Peel shrimps / prawns. Reserve shells & heads only. Use meat for your other culinary adventures.
- Wash the shells under water and pat dry. Get rid of all excess water.
- Cut butter into cubes, while still cold and bring to room temperature.
- Transfer butter & shrimp shells into a Sous Vide safe bag, vacuum and seal.
- Sous Vide for 4 hours at 195F / 90C.
Step 2 - Solidify butter
- Open the Sous Vide bag and strain butter off the shrimp shells.
- Place a bowl with hot liquid butter over a bowl with ice-water (to accelerate the solidification process).
- Whisk the liquid butter, while it quickly cools downs and starts to solidify.
- Mold your shrimp butter in desired shapes, or follow the demo.
Tools, you might need for this recipe
**Images below are linked to third party websites, such as Amazon. Should you chose to purchase any of those items there, Chef Rudakova will receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you).
You can watch more of my cooking videos on my
Modern gastronomy, vegan recipes, recreation of famous dishes and much more