Iconic Italian cookies. Perfect for your coffee break!
I’ve been wanting to bake those for months! Bought almond flour 2 months ago and, I guess, waited for the right moment.
Well, the right moment had arrived! Here goes the recipe of the vegan version of Amaretti cookies (without Amaretto liqueur, because I don’t have any… but you can totally add a tsp).
Ingredients for the Italian cookies:
– 4 cups Almond flour
– 1 cup Sugar
– 1 tsp Baking powder
– 1/2 Aquafaba
– 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar
– 1 tsp Vanilla extract
– Icing sugar (for coating)
1) Mix flour, sugar & baking powder in a large bowl.
2) Whip aquafaba & cream of tartar to firm picks (don’t stress yourself… just use the stand mixer).
3) Mix the aquafaba into the flour mix.
4) Form dough balls (25 g each). Roll them in icing sugar and line up on a baking tray, slightly press in.
5) Bake for 20-25 min at 350 F (in a preheated oven)
6) Make yourself a cup of cappuccino ☕️ and enjoy your biscottis.