Vegan caviar can be made using a simple technique from the molecular cuisine.
In this recipe I’ve made caviar-like spheres from tomato juice and soy sauce with help of Agar Agar and cold oil. But you can use any liquid here to cook vegan caviar (except for oil, obviously).
Anyone can do this recipe, I promise!
Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time: 5 min
Vegan caviar ingredients:
- Soy sauce – 100 ml
- Tomato juice – 100 ml
- Agar Agar powder – 2 g
- Vegetable oil [ice cold] – 1 L
Equipment & tools:
- Small sauce pot – 1
- Small whisk – 1
- Squeeze bottle – 1
- Sieve – 1
- Whisk the Agar Agar powder into your liquid, using a proportion 100% of liquid to 1% Agar Agar.
- Bring to boil.
- Transfer the liquid to a squeeze bottle.
- Squeeze the drops of your liquid to an ice cold oil. They will cool down and get shaped as caviar-like spheres instantly.
- Pass the oil with caviars through a strainer and enjoy!
For the culinary technique of Tuile cooking, click HERE.
You can also see more of my video recipes HERE.