I just love sushi, don’t you? But when it comes to vegan sushi, they are so boring: just avocado roll, cucumber roll and sometimes (if you are lucky) a yum roll… those are all the options that you usually get… Depressing…
So, I’ve decided to spice up the vegan sushi game a bit, and come up with sushi, specifically nigiri, that I think vegans all over the world deserve to eat! Let me introduce you: THE 7 WAYS OF MAKING CUTE VEGAN NIGIRI SUSHI! And, of course, with a little gourmet molecular gastronomy touch to it ?
Here’re those 7 types of cute vegan nigiri:
- Carrots with toasted sesame seeds
- Oyster mushrooms with spicy Kombucha vegan caviar (for an extra kick, I’d say “double-kick” in this case)
- Beets with frozen soy foam and toasted nori flakes
- Yellow bell pepper with curled chives
- Cucumbers with spicy Kombucha vegan caviar
- Tomatoes with soy foam and toasted nori flakes
- Nori flakes with spicy Kombucha vegan caviar
For the fishy, umami marinate for my cute vegan nigiri, I’ve used:
- 3 cups of Soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of Miso paste
- 1/2 tbsp of Sesame seed oil
- 3 dried Shiitake mushrooms
- 1 dry Nori sheet
Bring to boil and simmer it for 15 min. Cool down.
All the vegetables were spiced and marinated for 30 min and then steamed for 10 min.