Today was the day when I’ve cooked like the best restaurant on EARTH! Get it? 😁 Yes, today I’ve cooked the Edible Earth, Noma’s signature dish.
If you don’t know Noma restaurant, you’ve been living under a rock and you should check it out right now!
Here’s their IG page FYI: https://instagram.com/nomacph?igshid=qwjdylyr5guk
Ok, now that you’re back, let’s make some Edible Earth / Edible Soil, or as some may call it “Edible Dirt”.
The recipe that I’m sharing with you here is my version of the recipe, it’s modified from the original. And I encourage you as well, to go ahead make your own versions. This recipe is very versatile and you can use it in many different ways and add your own flavours. If you do, don’t forget to share your creations with me on IG, I’m always curious to see what your creations, guys!
Ingredients for Edible Earth:
- 200g Dark bread / crackers
- 35g Dark raisins
- 2g Liquid Smoke
- 5g Strawberry Fig Balsamic Glaze
- 2g Worcestershire sauce
- 4g Soy sauce
- 5g Sesame oil
- 20g Hazelnuts
- 10g Rice puffs
- 50g Olive oil
- 30g Tapioca Maltodextrin (some manufacturers call it N-Zorbit M)
- Crush bread or crackers in a food processor.
- Mix together with all the non-oily liquid ingredients and dehydrate in the oven for 10 min (400F). Crush again.
- Mix all the oils with Tapioca Maltodextrin, and mix this powder into the bread mixture. Be mindful of the about of powder that you add, so you don’t discolour the overall mixture. You can add a little of Charcoal powder to make the end product darker, if you add too much of the oil powder.
- Mix in hazelnuts & rice puffs, blend slightly to roughly chop them.
- Finally add the raisins, mix, plate and ENJOY!
2 main ingredients in my Edible Earth recipe are dry dark bread & Tapioca Maltodextrin.
If you want to learn other cool culinary techniques, click HERE.
You can also see more of my video recipes HERE.