5 Hour EDIBLE WATER Bubble (carbonated)
Is the creation of edible spheres all that reverse spherification is about?🤔
Let me show you how you can take this molecular gastronomy culinary technique on a different LEVEL!
In this post I’ll share with you not only the process of how to make an edible water bubble, but also how to carbonate it, and create a carbonated sphere filled with magic tea!🤩
A little gassy, bloated, yet beautiful edible water sphere.
You can watch the full video of me making Carbonated EDIBLE WATER bubble HERE
Part 1 - Edible Magic Tea spheres
- 200g Magic Tea
- 6g Calcium Lactate
- 1g Xanthan Gum
- 1L Water
- 5g Sodium Alginate
Ingredients, you’ll need
- Steep some Magic Tea, cool down.
- Blend the tea with Calcium Lactate and Xanthan Gum.
- Pour the edible water mix in a squeeze bottle and let it rest for a while (until the bubble disappear).
- Meanwhile, prepare the reverse spherification baths.
- Blend water with Sodium Alginate, pour in the 1st bath.
- Fill up 2 other baths with clear water.
- Pour a teaspoon of edible Magic Tea mix in the 1st bath. The sphere will form.
- Transfer this edible sphere into the 2nd and later 3rd bath.
- Follow the video demo.
Part 2 - Carbonation
- 2 CO2 (soda) chargers
- Transfer the edible tea bubbles into a culinary siphon.
- Add in a little water.
- Close the siphon and charge with 2 soda / CO2 chargers.
- Let the siphon carbonate for 3-5 hours*
- Release the pressure inside the culinary siphon.
- Open and let the bloated, gassy carbonated edible water spheres out.