Avocado, avocado, avocado… If you follow my recipes and blogs, you already know just how complicated my relationship with avocado used to be and how IN LOVE with it I am today.
This recipe is another variation on my favourite guacamole… maybe one day I will gather the courage and share with you the recipe of my guacamole, which as you might guess, is not the classical version 😛
Meanwhile, please enjoy my avocado-apple spread, savoury and sweet and just perfect for a Sunday breakfast or a brunch!
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 2 min
Per servings: 2
- 2 small/medium avocados
- 1/2 medium apple (I use Honeycrisp variety; use any red and sweet variety, if the first is unavailable)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- A pinch of chile powder
- 1 tsp sweet paprika powder
- 10 hazelnuts
- Bread of your choice
Equipment & tools:
- Frying pan
- Chop the hazelnuts roughly and fry/grill them for about 2 min on a frying pan. Don’t forget to toss them continuously to avoid burned affect. Also, don’t use any oil, they’ll get roasted just fine without it.
- Cut the avocados in half, remove the seed, scoop out the flesh in a bowl and puree it using a fork.
- Add the lemon juice, salt, paprika, chile and olive oil, and mix.
- Meanwhile cut the apple with the skin on small dice (app. 3*3 mm).
- Add chopped apples to the avocado mix and mix again.
- Cut the bread of your choice to thing slices (app. 1/5-1 cm). I’ve used amazing dark bread from Bartholomew Bakery, but you can use any whole wheat version that you like.
- Spread the Avocado-Apple mix on top of your toast generously, sprinkle with the roasted hazelnuts and enjoy 🙂
The type of bread that I was using for this recipe already has a really rough texture, but if you are using a softer variety, it’s a great idea to toast it prior to applying the spread on. *Toasting your bread, will prevent it from being soaked with the spread/filling that you will put on top of it 😉