Preparation time: 40 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Per: 2 servings
- 2 large aubergines
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 spring of fresh oregano – minced
- 1 string of fresh thyme – minced
- 1 clove of garlic – minced
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (preferable seedless)
- 1/4 cup of crushed walnuts
- 1/2 cup of vegan feta cheese (I used “Sheese” by Bute Island Foods)
- Salt to your taste
Equipment & tools:
- Chef’s knife
- Cutting board
- Oven, set to 350F (fan mode)
- Food processor
- Preheat the oven.
- Cut the aubergines in half and make small insertions inside (cross cut).
- Spread the olive oil on the cross cut side with a brush.
- Sprinkle oiled sides with the oregano and thyme.
- Bake for 30 min, cut side up, until a golden colour.
- Take the aubergines out of the oven, let them chill for a few minutes.
- Spoon out the soft flesh of the aubergine and into the food processor. Add garlic, salt and lemon juice in and process for a few seconds.
- Pour the mix into a bowl, sprinkle with pomegranate seeds, crushed nuts and feta cheese.
Enjoy your Baked Aubergine!