“Chef vs. YouTube” is a new YouTube series, that I’ve started on my channel. I’m going to use all my culinary knowledge & experience to try and improve popular YouTube video recipes. And, what a better way to launch this thing, than with a good old CHICKEN FINGERS recipe?!🤔
I’ve done my research, and it turns out that the most popular Chicken Fingers video recipe was made by Grandpa Kitchen, who had cooked a tone of good-looking, delicious chicken fingers for a group of orphan kids. Good cause, and we hope, this video will help to get him even more views and support.
Watch Grandpa Kitchen’s video recipe HERE.
But for now, just for fun, let’s see if a professional Chef can improve this popular recipe🤓
PLEASE NOTE: This new YouTube series is, by no means, created to disrespect the creator of the original, popular recipe. The sole purpose of “Chef vs. YouTube” series is to challenge myself and push to create even better looking and more delicious food creations, and inspire others to do the same✌
You can watch the full video of me making Chicken Fingers here
Part 1 - Chicken Fingers pressure marinade
- 42g Buttermilk
- 1.5g Salt
- 5g Honey
- 3g Mustard
- 520g boneless Chicken breasts
Ingredients, you’ll need
- Cut chicken into somewhat equal-size strips.
- Mix buttermilk, salt, honey and mustard together.
- Put chicken into the culinary siphon (make sure not to overload the siphon).
- Pour in the marinade as well.
- Close the siphon and charge with 2 N2O cartridges.
- Let the chicken pressure marinate for at least 20 min.
- Slowly release the pressure in the siphon.
- Remove chicken out of the siphon, clean off extra marinade. Sanitize the siphon.
Part 2 - Aerated chicken batter
- 200g Water
- 70g Tapioca starch
- 50g AP flour
- 1.7g Baking soda
- 0.34g Xanthan gum
- Blend all the ingredients together.
- Pour the batter mix into a culinary siphon.
- Charge with 2 cartridges.
- Let the batter out little-by-little, when using for frying chicken fingers, so it doesn’t loose its aerated texture too fast.
Part 3 - Deep-frying Chicken Fingers
- Corn starch
- Vegetable oil
- Dredge the chicken in corn starch.
- Cover dredged chicken in aerated batter.
- Deep-fry in oil, heated to 370F / 187C.
- Eat ASAP, while the chicken fingers are still crisp and warm.
Tools, you might need for this recipe
**Images below are linked to third party websites, such as Amazon. Should you chose to purchase any of those items there, Chef Rudakova will receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you).
You can watch more of my cooking videos on my
Modern gastronomy, vegan recipes, recreation of famous dishes and much more