Peanut Butter Jelly Toast
This Peanut Butter Jelly Toast plating recipe is part of my online Food Plating 101 class, where I explain the rules of food plating and show how to creatively plate any kind of dish on the example of 3 courses. Peanut Butter Jelly Toast plating is the 3nd dessert course.
As I explain to my students recipes are not the main focus of this food plating class, and in fact I encourage everyone to challenge themselves to plate their favourite dishes in a new creative way. However, if you are curious about the recipe of this Peanut Butter Jelly Toast, check it out below. It is very simple indeed, proving the point that even the simplest of foods could be presented in a beautiful elegant way.
Part 1 - Toast
- 1 slice of Brioche
- 50g Clarified Butter
Ingredients, you’ll need
- Cut a slice of Brioche bread, about 2 inch in thickness.
- Use an oval cooking cutter and a pairing knife to cut out this shape from the Brioche slice.
- Take a medium size pan, place on heat.
- Add in the clarified butter and toast the Brioche slice on all the sides, on medium heat, until even golden colour.
Part 2 - Peanut Butter Jelly Toast plating
- 1 Toasted Brioche
- 50g Smooth peanut butter
- 50g Berry compote (with whole berries)
- Take a large white plate.
- Make a swoosh like on the plating picture with peanut butter.
- Place 1 tbsp of while berry compote directly in the middle of the plate.
- Place a Brioche toast off centre of this plate, dipping into the compote.
- Place 3 berries and a tsp of compote on the side of the toast, thus, visually connecting the toast and the compote.