Tuile is that food item that can make your dish look amazing, no-matter what the other components of your plate are. It is used by many professional Chefs around the world as an ultimate food decoration. And it is actually very easy to make, as long as you have the right equipment (non-stick pan in this case) and use correct proportions in your recipe (see below).
In this recipe I’ve flavoured my Tuile with Saffron, but you can use any kind of flavouring in your Tuile, e.g. substitute Saffron tea with tomato juice, or beet juice. In these cases you will end up with Tuiles not only of different taste but also colour.
The world is your oyster, explore and sharpen your culinary techniques! And yes, it is also totally vegan 🙂
Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time: 30 min
- Water – 200 ml
- Saffron – 1 tbsp
- Smoked Paprika – 1 tsp
- Any flavourless Vegetable oil – 100 ml
- All Purpose flour – 30 g
Equipment & tools:
- Medium non-stick pan – 1
- Small spatula/whisk – 1
- Ladle – 1
- Prepare the Saffron tea. Steep for about 10 min.
- Whisk all the ingredients together.
- Preheat the pan to low-medium heat.
- Pour 1 ladle of batter on the pan and cook until completely cooked through and crisped up.