While everyone are making Dalgona candies from Squid Game, let me share with you how to make something actually beautiful and delicious with sugar.
In this post you’ll see the process of making a vegan dessert, that’s worth to be served at any fine dining Michelin Star restaurant.
That’s my response to all of you out there, who think that vegan dessert could be only overnight sweet oats and frozen nut-based cheesecake.
Today we’ll be making a vegan Panna Cotta using the best suitable molecular cuisine ingredient for this recipe: Kappa and Iota Carrageenans.
All you need to know about cooking with Kappa Carrageenan
And we’ll finally use my favourite Isomalt to make a Golden Origami Heart shell.
You can watch the full video of me making Vegan Panna Cotta Isomalt Broken Golden Heart Dessert here
Part 1 - Vegan Panna Cotta
- 200g Plant-based milk
- 1 Orange (peels only)
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- 0.2g Kappa Carrageenan
- 0.4g Iota Carrageenan
Ingredients, you’ll need
- Infuse the plant-based milk of your choice with orange peels and vanilla.
- Strain infused milk though a cheesecloth and cool down a little.
- Blend in Kappa and Iota Carrageenans.
- Hydrate Carrageenans by bring the mix to boil while continuously whisking.
- Pour the mixture to molds.
- Cool down in the fridge.
- Once fully set, unmold.
Part 2 - Isomalt Golden Heart shell
- Edible Gold spray
- Put on several layers of gloves to protect your hands from extreme heat. Isomalt will get super hot at this stage of the recipe. Make sure to handle it with caution.
- Melt the Isomalt by bringing it to simmer.
- Pour the melted Isomalt on to a silicon mat and start folding it. It will help the Isomalt cool down a little and incorporate air inside.
- Stretch and fold Isomalt to incorporate more air inside and cool it down further.
- Cut a pc that you are going to continue working with.
- Make an indentation with your finger, stick the air pump inside. Make sure that it’s completely sealed. One way to do it is to heat the pump end and the part of Isomalt that should be attached to it.
- Start pumping with care. This is a very slow process and requires patience.
- Place the growing Isomalt ball inside the heart mold and keep on pumping as per demo.
- Carefully remove the heart shaped Isomalt shell and cut it open from the pump side creating an open shell, with a heated knife. This will take some time and extreme care as well.
- Wait until the shell cools down completely. Maybe even place it in the fridge for a few minutes and spray the heart shell with edible gold.
Want to learn how to make your food look always beautiful?
Part 3 - Assembly of the Vegan Panna Cotta Isomalt Broken Golden Heart Dessert
- Place the vegan Panna Cotta on a plate, sprinkle the top with some dehydrated Peony flakes.
- Place some finger lime caviar on the side.
- Decorate with 3 edible flowers of your choice.
- Cover the vegan Panna Cotta with an Isomalt golden heart shaped shell.
- Serve and enjoy!
Tools & ingredients, you might need for this recipe
**Images below are linked to third party websites, such as Amazon. Should you chose to purchase any of those items there, Chef Rudakova will receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you).
You can watch more of my cooking videos on my
Modern gastronomy, vegan recipes, recreation of famous dishes and much more
Ways to SUPPORT my content
Creating valuable content, developing new challenging recipes and stepping up my culinary game, this is what drives me every step of the way! And I’m glad I can do it, all because of you and your support!
Become YouTube Member
Make one-time PayPal donation
Support & get exclusive content
Support & get exclusive content
Support our future content production