This recipe was one of the easiest one to get veganized; my Vegan Sticky Toffee Pudding turned out just great from the 1st take on it. Now it is one of the ultimate desserts in our household. I promise you will fall in love with this recipe as well! Enjoy and let me know how it turned out 😉
Preparation time: 30 min
Cooking time: 30 min
Per servings: 5 servings
Vegan Sticky Toffee Pudding ingredients:
- 200 g Dates (pitted)
- 370 ml boiling water
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 250 g vegan butter
- 150 g sugar
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (bloomed in 6 tbsp water)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 226 g bread flour
Equipment & tools:
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Add baking soda to the dates and soak them in boiling water for app. 20 min. Then strain (reserve the water) and chop finely.
- Bloom the chia seeds with water.
- Incorporate sugar into butter by mixing it until smooth.*
- Sieve the flour and baking powder and mix.
- Add the dates and reserved soaking liquid to the butter mixture.
- Add chia seeds and vanilla extract. Mix together.
- Finally add the flour mixture and mix everything to create a uniform mixture.
- Prepare the baking mold: cover it with butter and sugar/bread crumbs** and line up the bottom with baking paper.
- Pour the mixture into the mold.
- Bake for 30-40 min.
- Once ready, take out of the oven, cool down and ENJOY!
*In you have a stand mixer – use it. This stage is much easier done with a mixer.
**Sugar/bread crumbs allow for the bake to slide along the sides when it gets baked and grows taller in mold. Without using these, your Vegan Sticky Toffee Pudding with not have a flat top, but rather a hilly one.