Preparation time: 15 min
Cooking time: 50 min
Per: 4 servings
Nutrition per serving:
– 308 kCal
– Fats – 12.5g
– Carbohydrate – 40g
– Proteins – 11 g
- 3/4 cup (90 g) raw cashews
- 3 Tbsp (9 g) nutritional yeast
- 1 glove of garlic
- 4 medium size potatoes
- 400 g Coconut Cream
- 15 g of Vegan Butter/Margarine
- 2 medium size tomatoes
- 1 zucchini
- Salt and pepper
- Food processor
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Prepare vegan parmesan cheese. Add cashew nuts (raw; don’t soak), nutritional yeast, and 1/2 a clove of mashed with salt garlic to a food processor and mix/pulse until a fine meal is achieved. Season as appropriate for your taste. Store in the refrigerator to keep fresh. Lasts for several weeks.
- Smear the inside of the baking tin with butter. Make sure to cover all the sides and the bottom of the tin.
- Prepare the cream mixture. Take a small saucepan, pour cream inside, add the remaining butter and the remaining half of the mashed with salt garlic, and season a little with salt.
- Put the cream mixture on heat and warm a little. Do not boil, just warm. When warmed up, take off the heat.
- Meanwhile, slice the potatoes thinly (app. 2-3 mm in width). Do not put them in water after slicing, so not to loose any starchiness.
- Slice tomatoes (app. 3-4 mm in width).
- Slice zucchini (app. 2-3 mm in width).
- Start layering in the following order: potatoes, zucchini, tomatoes. After each layer pour a little bit of cream on top, season with salt and pepper and add a layer of cheese. The last layer should be potatoes (the nicest peaces), or cheese. Press down each payer to achieve the even smooth effect. After placing the last layer, pour the rest of the cream mixture on top.
- Put the lid over the tin, tighten it and place the tin into the oven for about 35 min.
- In 35 min, open up the top of the tin. If the potatoes are already ready – put the tin back in the oven (lid-off) and roast for another 15 min to achieve the golden cover.
- Once the Dauphinoise is nice and golden, take it out of the oven, let it chill, put the lid back on and refrigerate overnight.
- Cut it up nicely in any shape the next day and enjoy your Vegan Dauphinoise!
P.S. If you are not ready to wait for a day to try it – just follow your heart/stomach and enjoy your fresh Vegan Dauphinoise anyway 😉