How to make a perfect salmon Tartare? Very easy actually. All you need is to follow 5 simple principles/steps:
- Choose a good quality raw fish & slice it neatly
- Marinate your fish for an additional layer of flavour
- Don’t forget about the binding mixture (so your Salmon Tartare doesn’t fall apart)
- Serve with some crunchy companion (to offer a variety of textures for your exuberant palate)
Part 1 - Salmon preparation (incl. marinade)
- 200g Sashimi-grade Salmon
- 50g Sake
- 50g Mirin
- FULL RECIPE INCLUDED WITH CULINARY ACADEMY
Ingredients, you’ll need
- Remove skin, brown flash and bones (if any) off your salmon fillet.
- Slice* your salmon fillet with a sharp knife about 5mm thick, and then chop to small cubes (5*5mm).
- Prepare a marinade by mixing together all the rest of the ingredients and simmering** the mixture for about 2 min to let all the alcohol evaporate, leaving only the deep flavourful notes.
- VERY IMPORTANT – Let your marinade cool down completely***.
- Pour the cold marinade…..
Full Recipe is Part of the CULINARY ACADEMY
Join TODAY and have access to all Classes + Recipes.
Once enrolled, you’ll get a LIFETIME ACCESS to the academy, incl. all the new upcoming cooking lectures and modules and this recipe.