Sensational Mac and Cheese? What can be more basic, right?
Well… yes and no. The classic Mac and Cheese recipe is rather simple and straight forward, and therefore, the taste is quite basic indeed. But, I’m not here for the basic taste. Basic, easy recipe – yes. But, no compromises on taste are accepted here.
This blog post is the ONLY POST you need to read to learn the secret behind the MOST CHEESY Mac’n’Cheese out there! No exaggeration, no clickbait, pure FACTS✌
You can watch the full video of me making Mac & Cheese here
Part 1 - Cream Cheese for Mac'n'Cheese
- 65g Dry white wine
- 60g Weissbier
- 50g Water
- 12g Sodium citrate
- 5g Salt
- 1.25g Iota Carrageenan
- 95g Gruyere cheese
- 20g Parmigiano cheese
- 170g Havarti cheese
Ingredients, you’ll need
- Grate all the cheeses to small shred.
- Cut Mozzarella to small cubes.
- Blend all the rest of the ingredients (except for Iota Carrageenan) together.
- Keep on blending and start adding Iota Carrageenan slowly-slowly, while blending continuously.
- Bring the mixture to boil and simmer for about 2 min, in order to gently evaporate the alcohol and hydrate the Iota Carrageenan.
- Take the mix off the heat and immediately mix together with grated cheese.
- Once it’s mixed, take a hand blender and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Transfer the cream cheese to a container, cool down to room temperature and then let it set for a couple of hours in the fridge.
Part 2 - Sensational Mac and Cheese
- 100g Macaroni
- 500g Water
- 10g Salt
- 30g Cream Cheese (from above)
- 10g Mozzarella
- Cook the macaroni of your choice in salty water, as per instructions on your pasta packaging.
- While the mac is cooking, blend together 2 tbsp of now set Cream Cheese (from part 1 above) and 2 tbsp of the hot salty and starchy water, in which macaroni are cooking.
- While the super-cheesy souse is hot, add in Mozzarella (pre-cut into small cubes), and mix thoroughly.
- Once the pasta is cooked to al dente, drain it and mix together with the cheese sauce.
Tools & ingredients, you might need for this recipe
**Images below are linked to third party websites, such as Amazon. Should you chose to purchase any of those items there, Chef Rudakova will receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you).
You can watch more of my cooking videos on my
Modern gastronomy, vegan recipes, recreation of famous dishes and much more