As promised, here’s my quick and easy Sweet & Sour sauce recipe. In my case, I’ve served it with Seitan Wheat Meat, bell peppers and some short grain sticky rice, but the world is your oyster here!
Preparation time: 5 min
Cooking time: 5 min
Per servings: 2 servings
Sweet & Sour sauce ingredients:
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 4 tsp Cornstarch (acting as a thickening agent)
- 4 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar / Rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- ¾ cup Water
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
Equipment & tools:
- 1 small sauce pan
- 1 small whisk
- Mix all the ingredients (except for the lemon juice together).
- Put the sauce pan on low heat, while whisking continuously.
- Once the sauce thickened, take it off the heat, add lemon juice and whisk again.
Enjoy your Sweet & Sour sauce! 🙂