We’re in the midst of an Easter season, so here’s a perfect egg recipe for you – soft-boiled Dragon eggs. Fun, colourful and a tiny bit sophisticated🤓✌
All 3 eggs were cooked using natural colourants. You can have them soft-boiled, but you can also cook them for a little bit longer and have them as you wish.
You can watch the full video of me making Dragon Eggs here
Part 1 - Dragon eggs cooking
- 3 eggs
Ingredients, you’ll need
- Boil the eggs for 3 min & shock in ice-water.
- Cook further in a Sous Vide at 143F / 62C for 30 min, and shock again in ice-water.
Part 2 - Natural colourants
- Dry red wine
- Clitoria Ternatea
- Parsley & spinach
- Juice beets. Mix with red wine (1 part of wine to 2 parts of beet juice). Simmer, reduce 1/3 and cool down completely.
- Steep Clitoria Ternatea flowers for about 20 min to get a deep blue colour and cool down completely.
- Blend herbs with a little water & strain.
- Crack the shells lightly with a back of a spoon (do not peel).
- Submerge the cracked eggs in 3 different colourants.
- Keep them in the fridge overnight to get the colour.
- Peel very carefully.
Tools, you might need for this recipe
**Images below are linked to third party websites, such as Amazon. Should you chose to purchase any of those items there, Chef Rudakova will receive a small commission (at no extra cost to you).
You can watch more of my cooking videos on my
Modern gastronomy, vegan recipes, recreation of famous dishes and much more